CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Dosa

















Dosa is a traditional south-indian snack that is similar to a crepe/pancake. The batter is made of rice and lentils.
I have been posting only the instant and quicker versions of the dosa/dosai varieties I had tried. This time I thought of posting the recipe for making it by the traditional soaking method. It is quite a simple dish actually. Each family has its own proportion for idlis and dosas – so many of them around as well. Here’s my version.


Ingredients:
Rice flour: 2 cups (You can use raw rice too – I don’t because I use the food processor and don’t have a mixer/grinder)
Idli rava (cream of rice): ½ cup (You can use raw boiled rice too – I don’t because I use the food processor and don’t have a mixer/grinder)
Black gram skinned and split (Udad dal): ½ cup
Fenugreek [Methi] seeds: ¼ teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for cooking the dosas (Sesame/Til oil tastes the best)

* The proportion I use for dosa is 1:4:1 (udad dal:raw rice:boiled rice). For larger quantities, you can increase according to this the proportion.

1 comments:

divya sharma said...

Lovely dosa.sound is interesting.I'll definatly try this one..
mixer grinders